Southeast Guilford Community Association - PO Box 112 - Pleasant Garden, NC 273131/31/2012

Home   About Us   FAQs   Photo Gallery   By Laws   Officers   Membership   Maps   Minutes  Links 


 Southeast Guilford Community Association Meeting Minutes

 Sept 27, 2007   7:00 PM  at CIC Presbyterian

Action items are bolded

 AGENDA:  

o        WELCOME VISITORS AND COMMITTEE MEMBERS.

o        APPROVAL OF SECRECTARY'S MINUTES

o        COMMUNITY UPDATES:   OLD BUSINESS & NEW BUSINESS

§         Greg Niles to discuss our group’s assistance with next Alamance Creek Area Land Use Plan Update

o         COMMITTEE REPORTS

o        COMMUNITY UPDATES 

o        NEXT MEETING DATE.

 Attendees :  Lonnie Baxley, Harold Garrett, David Gearhart,  Aaron Harris, Sue McElroy, Denise Osborne, Dan Rogers, Darin Thomas

 Visitors: Greg Niles from Guilford County Planning

 Minutes from July 31, 2007 were approved as submitted.

 Greg Niles presented some maps for use in a future meeting.  He proposed that this committee act as facilitators at the next public meeting.  The Group agreed to have a Alamance Creek Plan workshop on Oct 23 at 7 PM at Alamance Presbyterian.  Small groups/ tables will include descriptions of 5-6 categories such as agricultural, commercial, parks, low-density, med-density and multi-family.   Water/sewer boundaries will be shown on the maps.   There will be a second public meeting on November 8th at 7 PM at CIC Presbyterian to presents the results of the workshop.  Sue and Harold will book the churches.  The workshop would be within a couple of weeks and the second meeting within a month.  The group decided to leave a small area marked as (pink) mixed use where known commercial development is underway today.  Margie and Harold to make/modify signs advertising the meeting and the website.   Dave to get Kim to advertise in FOCUS.  Greg to notify the PG Post.  Next planning board is November 14 and Greg will add to agenda.   County commissioners will meet to approve on Dec 6.

 Dan and Darin met earlier with Greg and Trevor about guidelines for the area.  Trevor to send Dan and Darin examples of development guidelines.  Darin to try and book and meeting with Brantley and Abdula (Food Lion ) on October 15 before any zoning request.  Sue to book CIC for this meeting.  

 COMMITTEE REPORTS:

 By-laws (Angela Burgess, Denise Osborne, Sue McElroy, David Gearhart) –   Denise presented a new draft of the by-laws.  The types of memberships and types of sponsorships were modified in the latest revision.  The by-laws have been posted on the new website.  The by-laws do not include any dues for members.  There was not a quorum present at the meeting to adopt the by-laws.  Denise to present by-laws again at next meeting for approval.         

 Government Relations (David Gearhart, Darin Thomas, Rosemarie Williams, Dan Rogers):  No meetings/no report

 Planning and “Issues” (Harold Garrett, Bob Chamberlin, Darin Thomas, Aaron Harris, Susan Clawson, Lloyd Dickerson):    no report.  Darin suggested that we rename/refocus this

 Finance (Rosemarie Williams, Lloyd Dickerson):  no report

 Membership Committee (David Gearhart, Lloyd Dickerson, Margie Cockman): 

No report

 Website (Dan Rogers, Angela Burgess, Bill Brannon, Joe Andrews): Lonnie presented the name www.southeastguilford.org for the new website .  Motion was approved.  Lonnie moved that we use Network Solutions as the hosting provider.  Lonnie to contact Network Solutions and arrange hosting of site as soon as possible. The total fees will be approximately $200 were approved.  These include the domain name for three years.  None of the logos were adopted.  Denise and the officers agreed to give this some thought  

 DEVELOPMENT NEWS:

 Alshanteer-Food Lion Shopping Center: Food Lion has not scheduled the zoning meeting as of yet.  Still striving for November 2008 opening date.  Walgreens is considering the site.

Weathersby-Lowes Foods Shopping Center: no report

OTHER REPORTS / MEETINGS: 

 Next SGCA Advisory Committee meeting: October 15, 7 PM at Community in Christ, Presbyterian

 Meeting adjourned at 9:00 PM.                                       Dan Rogers, secretary