Southeast Guilford Community Association - PO Box 112 - Pleasant Garden, NC 273131/31/2012

Home   About Us   FAQs   Photo Gallery   By Laws   Officers   Membership   Maps   Minutes  Links 


 Southeast Guilford Community Association Meeting Minutes

 September 30, 2009 6:45 PM Alamance Presbyterian

Action items are bolded

 Attendees:  Joe Andrews, Lonnie Baxley, Bob Chamberlain, Harold Garrett, David Gearhart,  Jean King, Sue McElroy, Denise Osborne, Nan Riddle, Dan Rogers, Darin Thomas, Rosemarie Williams

Visitors:  Marty Heim

 Dave called the meeting to order.  Minutes from September 10 were read and approved.  Dave reported that the 501c3 application is proceeding and should be final within a couple weeks.

 Darin reported that Kip Johnson had redesigned our name badges.  There were 3 choices and one was selected.

 Harold reported that we sold 219 bales ($973.50) of pine needles during the first week of the sale.  He was disappointed with sales on the holiday weekend.    

 Nan led a discussion about the Southeast Community Fun Fest.  Nan supplied a detailed handout.  The handout contained 11 items that are still open and 7 confirmed items.  Marty Heim gave stats about numbers of downloads from our website.  There appear to be a large number of downloads and a recent large increase in web traffic.  So far, 9 crafters, 10 business showcase and 1 chili cooker have signed up.  Total revenue is around $5,300 thus far. An estimate of expenses is now around $4,800.  There was discussion about how many t-shirts to buy.  The group decided to buy 144.  Volunteers will be encouraged to buy a shirt.  There will be both long and short sleeves.  The event will include a 50-50 raffle.  There was discussion about the insurance policy.  The group agreed to buy a policy in the name of the Southeast Guilford Community Foundation from Craft Insurance for $514.00.  Dave will be checking with Food Line to get their 6 tents if they are available.  There was a long discussion about signage.  Don Smith is a possible contact for creating the signs.  Darin agreed to get a volunteer to take charge of signs ASAP.  Dave said Food Lion will likely supply hot dogs, hamburgers, and condiments. Dave will be in charge of contacting Food Lion about the food.  The group agreed to rent additional portable toilets.  Rosemarie agreed to take charge of portable toilets.  The team is asking for as many volunteers.  Joe agreed to send an email for volunteers.  Dave will contact Mayor Ann Hice about youth volunteers (future law enforcement officers) to help with parking.  This group is normally supervised by Sheriff Deputies.         

 All members and their families need to be present on Friday noon-4 PM and Saturday 8 AM until we are done

(6-8 PM+/-).  Dave and Harold will ask for volunteers from the Lions Club.  A work schedule will be developed.

 Sherry is organizing a bake sale and snow cones.  She may use Girl Scouts as volunteers.  They will have a tent near where the new handicapped playground will be located.

Meeting adjourned at 9:00 PM

Next SEGCA Advisory meeting - September 30, 7:00 PM at Alamance Presbyterian

Dan Rogers, Secretary