Southeast Guilford Community Association - PO Box 112 - Pleasant Garden, NC 273131/31/2012

Home   About Us   FAQs   Photo Gallery   By Laws   Officers   Membership   Maps   Minutes  Links 


Southeast Guilford Community Association Meeting Minutes

March 11, 2010 7:00 PM Alamance Presbyterian

Action items are bolded

Attendees:  Tom Ammeter, Lonnie Baxley, Raymond Clapp, Harold Garrett, David Gearhart, Aaron Harris, Jean King, Denise Osborne, Nan Riddle, Dan Rogers, Rosemarie Williams

Dave called the meeting to order.  Minutes from February 11, 2009 were read, amended and approved.   

Rosemarie reported a balance of $4,226 in the SEGCA checking account.  She has since received a couple hundred dollars more in dues that were not included in the balance reported.

Dave reviewed recent SEGCA and SEG Foundation goals and recent activities for the visitors.

Dave reported that our PO box at Going Postal needs to moved to another site since Going Postal has now closed.   Rosemarie agreed to set up a SEGCA/SEGCF mailbox at the USPS Yanceyville Street location.  She agreed to check it regularly since this is where she receives her business mail.  Motion made and carried to move the PO Box to the Yanceyville Street location.

Nan reported that the bylaws changes were approved via email.

Dan reported about Liberty Road/Woody Mill Road Small Area Plan.  The March 1st meeting covered city water/sewer access and roads in the planning area. Dan also reported that DOT plans to lower the speed limit on Liberty Road between Harmont Drive and Methodist Road.

Nan reported on the email list.  Jenny is still working on the reducing the size of the email list to include our specific area of the county

Harold reported there had been no progress on the walking trails.  Tom suggested that a Scout troop could be recruited to help with trails and the construction of a bridge over the creek.  Dave mentioned Dwayne Abbot is involved in scouting and is a possible contact

Tom reminded the SEG Foundation owns six 10X10 tents.  These could be borrowed by the Association and rented locally and provide another source of revenue.

Dave is trying to set up a meeting concerning the blighted Agapion.  There is a conflicting meeting of FOCC membership will meet 24th to discuss the lease of the club.  Three people have volunteered to be on a committee to focus on the Agapion property.  Agapion has hired Freeman Realty to sell the property.  It is listed at $3MM.  This is $150k/acre for 13 acres.  The new management of the club is also interested in participating in a discussion on this topic. 

Lonnie suggested that we move our web hosting and web development to allow Designs by Marty to assist us.  The goal would be have them alter our site to allow end users to update web content (such as the secretary posing the minutes).

Denise reported that Hanson Brick in Pleasant Garden eliminated 3 employees that are great people.  She asked for leads to help these folks find jobs.  They were big supporters of the SEG Foundation Fun Fest.

Vice President Darin Thomas resigned.  He is running for NC State House of Representatives against Alma Adams.

Meeting adjourned at 8:15 PM

Next SEGCA Meeting April 8th at 7 PM at Alamance Presbyterian Church

Dan Rogers, Secretary