April 8, 2010 7:00 PM Alamance Presbyterian
Members Present: Tom Ammeter, Joe Andrews, Bob Chamberlain, Raymond Clapp, Harold Garrett, David Gearhart, Aaron Harris, Sue McElroy, Nan Riddle, Dan Rogers, Rosemarie Williams Visitors Present: none
Leader and Topics for Agenda/discussion items:
1. Secretary Dan: Minutes from February 11, 2009 were read, amended and approved.
2. Treasurer Rosemarie: Current checking balance of $2,092. $2208.68 transferred to the Foundation since the last report to fully separate the funds.
3. Aaron: FOCC has been leased to own by Steve Sharpe. New membership options now available.
4. Aaron: Walking Trail at Alamance Park work continues. Steve Sharpe has also offered to give his advice and help on completing the trail. Aaron reported that we owe Brett Saunders from for some of the work done on the trail. FOCC did not bill us for use of the bobcat. The bridge over the creek is the last major obstacle to complete the trail.
5. Dave: Membership roster. In general, those that have not paid dues 2010 and not been active need to be dropped to allow room for new (or returning) advisory board members to be added without exceeding the maximum number allowed in our bylaws.
6. Tom: work has begun to obtain Directors and Officers liability insurance.
7. Dan: change format of the minutes to focus on motions approved and action items.
8. Nan: Fun Fest preparation continues. The committee is meeting regularly. The group is anticipating the need for a large number of volunteers for concessions.
9. Dave: website has been updated by Marty Heim and Lonnie on our website.
10. Dave: VP vacancy needs to be filled. Dave’s desire to serve as President will come to end in early 2011. .
11. Dave: land clearing the land at the Weathersby site. They are NOT starting construction.
12. Dave: Association email list needs to be cleaned. The larger email list that we own has still not been dealt with. There was discussion about getting a student at SEHS to help with this.
13. Dave: Blighted property. Held an excellent initial meeting with 12-13 people
1. Membership roster was purged of inactive/non paying members.
Assignments / Follow up items:
1. Dan Publish a revised membership roster
2. Aaron Ask Brett Saunders for an invoice for his services.
3. Dick Hold a Trails Committee meeting on April 14.
4. Dan Publish 4/8/10 minutes in a new format showing motions approved and action items
5. Tom Present options and recommendation for Directors and Officers liability insurance
6. All Send names to Dave for his appointment of a new VP.
7. Dave/Lonnie Contact the principal/teachers to find a student to help update the SEGCA email list
Meeting adjourned at 8:40 PM
Next SEGF Board Meeting – May 6thth at 7 PM at Alamance Presbyterian Church
Next SEGCA Meeting – May 13th at 7 PM at Alamance Presbyterian Church
Dan Rogers, Secretary