November 11, 2010 7:00 PM Alamance Presbyterian
Members Present: Tom Ammeter, Lonnie Baxley, Harold Garrett, Aaron Harris, Sue McElroy, Nanette Riddle, Dan Rogers
Visitors Present: none
Agenda Topics/discussion items:
1. Dan Rogers submitted secretary’s minutes from September 9th and October 14th , 2010.
2. Rosemarie Williams not present to report on treasury: SEGCA checking balance is $1,600+/-.
3. Nan reported on the Funfest. The SEGF will donate a $500 scholarship at SEHS and $750 to the Haganstone Park beautification fund. The net profit from the event was $5, 885.
4. Tom reported on the Reality Store to be held at on November 23 at SEHS. Volunteers will get info mailed to them soon. SEGCA will supply about 10 volunteers. The SEGF has approved spending up to $250 to support the event.
5. Harold and Dick have nearly finished building the bridge at the Alamance Park walking trail. An idea was mentioned to ask Southeast Lifestyle to do an article on the walking trails of SEGC to publicize the opening of this trail. Harold or Dick will probably ask a boy scout build a sign as a service project.
6. Dan reported on the open house for Liberty Road/Woody Mill Road Small area plan was held on 11/9/2010. It was fairly well attended by property owners and area residents.
7. Aaron reported on the deteriorations at FO shopping center. He contacted Betty Garrett at GC.
8. Harold reported that nothing has been started on the effort to get water/sewer service built in Forest Oaks Estates. This was approved years ago as reported in the minutes from September 9th. Dan and Harold both agreed to be speakers at the Guilford County Commissioners meeting. Lonnie agreed to summarize the timeline in a ppt presentation.
1. Minutes from September 9th and October 14th were amended and approved.
Assignments / Follow up items:
1. Lonnie agreed to summarize all documents related to the Forest Oaks Estates sewer issue.
2. Tom to see Haywood Stukes at SEHS about the our email list
3. Bob to form a nominating committee to propose a slate of officers at November meeting
Meeting adjourned at 8:10 PM
Next SEGCA Meeting – December 9th at 7 PM at Alamance Presbyterian Church
Dan Rogers, Secretary