December 9, 2010 7:00 PM Alamance Presbyterian
Members Present: Tom Ammeter, Lonnie Baxley, Dave Gearhart, Harold Garrett, Aaron Harris, Jeffery Knotts, Nanette Riddle, Dan Rogers, Rosemarie Williams, Chuck Meyer
Visitors Present: Terry Ward (Hagan Stone Park), Mike Patrum (VP Builders), Erica Paul and Nowland Timpton
Agenda Topics/discussion items:
1. Tom presented a $750 check to Hagan Stone Park ranger, Terry Ward from the 2010 Fun Fest proceeds. Terry plans to use the money to improve the entrance to the park.
2. Terry Ward reported on the playground at Hagan Stone Park. The bids were lower than anticipated. Construction could begin in January with completion around Easter. The pool deck around Camp Joy will also be replaced.
3. Mike Patrum from VP Builders spoke about his project in Forest Oaks with 12 townhomes ($250k) and 4 houses ($300k). The townhomes will be called “The Villas at Forest Oaks” will have 2000+ square feet with 1000+ unfinished square feet. The rezoning has not yet approved and sewer must be extended. There may be some neighborhood opposition but there is also much interest from potential buyers.
4. Dan Rogers submitted secretary’s minutes from 11/11/10.
5. Rosemarie Williams reported on treasury: SEGCA checking balance is $1,407.68. There are four outstanding bills that need to be paid. Some will be paid by the Foundation.
6. Tom Ammeter reported on the Reality Store held at SEHS on 11/22/10. The students learned a lot.
7. Tom Ammeter reported that Haywood Stukes from SEHS may have students assist us on cleaning up a massive list of email addresses. No sponsor has yet been identified for the project.
8. Dave Gearhart reported on the Forest Oaks Estates well/septic issues. Guilford County has not provided water and sewer as promised in the past. Billy Yow has not yet returned Dave’s calls. We expect to present at the county commissioner’s meeting early next year.
9. Dave Gearhart reported Harold and Dick finished building the bridge at the Alamance Park walking trail. Lonnie showed pictures.
10. Dan Rogers reported on Liberty Road/Woody Mill Road Small area plan. The plan is complete and will be presented to the Planning Board in January and to the County Commissioners in February.
11. Dave Gearhart read his letter of resignation as of 1/1/2011. He urged support for VP Bob Chamberlain. He expects to continue work with the Foundation and some pet projects. The committee responded with their thanks for all that Dave has done for our community over the last few years.
1. Minutes from November 11th were amended and approved.
Assignments / Follow up items:
1. None noted
Meeting adjourned at 8:35 PM
Next SEGCA Meeting – January 13th at 7 PM at Alamance Presbyterian Church
Dan Rogers, Secretary