Southeast Guilford Community Association - PO Box 112 - Pleasant Garden, NC 273131/31/2012

Home   About Us   FAQs   Photo Gallery   By Laws   Officers   Membership   Maps   Minutes  Links 


Southeast Guilford Community Association Meeting Minutes

March 10, 2011 6:30 PM Alamance Presbyterian

Members Present:  Tom Ammeter, Lonnie Baxley, Bob and Vickie Chamberlain, Harold and Barbara Garrett, Dave and Linda Gearhart, Jean King, Jeffrey Knotts, Sue McElroy, Jennie and Kelly McNamara,  Chuck Meyer, Denise Osborne, Nanette Riddle, Dan Rogers,  Linda Welborn, Dick and Ellen Mearns

Visitors Present:   Bill and Jean Thomas, Marty Heim, Charles Blanchard (principal SEHS), John Scoville, Haywood Stukes, Connie Thompson

Agenda Topics/discussion items:

1.      Charles Blanchard, SEHS principal, answered questions that were prepared in advance.  He then led the group on a tour or the new portions of the SEHS building.

2.      Dan Rogers submitted secretary’s minutes from 2/10/2011.   

3.      Bob reported SEGCA checking balance is $1,183.68. 

4.      Jennie reported on our Facebook site.  She plans to hold a meeting with Jean King, Mike Johnston and Lonnie about building a prototype.

5.      Nan reported on Funfest which will be held on October 8 11 AM-5 PM.  The first meeting was held last week.  Stage and generators have been reserved.

6.      Bob discussed the idea of supporting a geocaching pilot event with training at Hagan-Stone Park.  There was a presentation at the February meeting.   Bob will contact Dick and Aaron to work with Sue and Danny.

7.      Dan Rogers reported on the SE Elementary School Bond project.  The Stewart Mill site was defeated for the third time at the last Guilford County Commissioners meeting on 3/4/2011. BOE is still proposing a site in McLeansville.

8.      Dan reported that the Liberty Road/Woody Mill Road small area plan.  Plan was approved by the Guilford County Planning Board February 9th..  Plan will be presented to the Commissioners on March 17th. 

9.      Jennie reported about the GRRA event at Forest Oaks on May 23rd.  She suggested that we sponsor 18th hole at the event.  The fee is $300.  The idea is to make realtors aware of our area and of the funfest.

10.  Lonnie reported that we decided to let the survey monkey software expire

11.  Lonnie reported on the number of visitors to our website.  There are 400-500 of unique visitors per month.  The amount of data being downloaded/viewed has doubled.

Motions Approved:

1.      Minutes from 2/10/2011 were approved.

2.      Motion approved to allow SEGCA to sponsor a hole at the GGRA event for $300.    

Assignments / Follow up items:

1.      Jeannie to get more info on GRRA

Meeting adjourned at 9:00 PM

Next SEGCA Meeting – April 14th at 7 PM at Alamance Presbyterian Church

Dan Rogers, Secretary