Southeast Guilford Community Association - PO Box 112 - Pleasant Garden, NC 273131/31/2012

Home   About Us   FAQs   Photo Gallery   By Laws   Officers   Membership   Maps   Minutes  Links 


Minutes of: March 9, 2012 Advisory Board Meeting

Attendees:  Denise Osborne, Tom Ammeter, Mike Johnston, Bob Chamberlain, Dan Rogers, Ann Hice, Bill Thomas, Aaron Harris, Linda Welborn, Lonnie Baxley, Nancy Jo Smith

Treasurer Report: Dan Rogers reported $2309.60 in the account.

Minutes: Not read, Jeffrey Knotts absent. Will be either sent out or read at the April Meeting.

Committee Reports:  Nothing to report from Fund-Raising or Membership.

Old Business:  Discussion of the Liberty Road-Woody Mill Overlay.  Reports about articles in the Rhino were mentioned.  We are to read and discuss later. A small group is continuing to work in the district including voluntary inclusion of property adjacent to the district. 

New Business: Discussion Topic of Growing the Association made the following ideas- Like Button on the Website, Mike will create an email to be sent out by local neighborhoods to raise our likes to 100. Identifying key community people in surrounding areas to be added to our list was discussed.  

Ann Hice announced the Crime Stoppers Golf Tournament slated for Monday, August 6th. 

Nancy Jo passed out flyers to the E-Cycle 2012, for Saturday, 3/24, 9am -2 pm at Town Hall for all county residents.

Tom requested to talk with Nationwide about putting up a table at their event on 4/28.

Linda Welborn agreed to send out an email to Forest Oaks for both events. 

The May meeting will be held at Camp Weaver with an invitation extended to the county commissioners. 

Linda spoke briefly on school issues-new roof for Alamance Elementary and update on new SE Area School.  Water has been tested at the proposed site. BOE is moving forward.

Bob took 3 orders for shirts and plans to order on Monday. 

Lonnie gave stats on the website.

Actions Taken:  Motion made by Bob Chamberlain, Seconded by Tom Ammeter to sponsor a hole at the Golf Tournament for $150, preferably the 18th hole. Vote was 11-0. Lonnie made a motion to put Crime Stoppers in our Strategic Alliances on the website. All agreed.

Meeting was adjourned.  Respectfully submitted by Denise Osborne